Immigration to Canada can be a thrilling experience. From settling into your new home to discovering your new city, there’s always something to look forward to. However, the immigration process itself can be a bit confusing. You want to make the best possible decision on how to immigrate, but with so many options available, it’s hard to know which path to take.
It’s perfectly possible to apply on your own, but the right information can make the process much easier and faster. That’s where an immigration consultation comes in.
Here’s everything you need to know about what an immigration consultation is, what you should ask about, and how to find a consultant to help you immigrate to Canada.
What is an Immigration Consultation?
An immigration consultation is a one-on-one discussion with an immigration specialist, such as an RCIC or immigration lawyer. During the consultation, your immigration professional will get to know you and your goals for immigration. Be prepared to talk about:
- What is your immigration goal (do you wish to come to Canada as a worker or student, or are you looking for permanent residency?)
- Which immigration programs can help you with this process
- Whether you meet the requirements of the immigration program or what you may need to qualify (employment history, education, etc.)
- The kind of timeline you’re hoping to achieve for immigration
Your immigration consultant will also likely ask if you have already applied for a visa, and what the results of your application were. Once they have this initial information, they can provide advice on the kind of visa you should be applying for, what to include in your application, and what your odds of success are.
What Should I Ask My Immigration Consultant?
When you’re speaking with your Canadian Immigration Consultant, you should never be afraid to ask questions. Their role is to provide you with the information you need to confidently navigate through the immigration process, so even if something doesn’t seem important, go ahead and ask them about it.
For example, you might ask questions like:
- Do I qualify for this visa?
- As a consultant, what are your obligations to me as a client?
- When can I contact you?
- Will you tell me what I need to do for each stage of the immigration process?
- What kind of timeline should I expect for my application?
How to Find a Canadian Immigration Consultant
If you’re considering immigrating to Canada, a dedicated Immigration Consultant can help you find the path that’s the best fit for you.
Having a positive impact on our clients’ lives is Tkachuk Immigration‘s mission. We strive to represent you effectively during the immigration process. In addition to providing flexible meeting times and multilingual services, we actively promote our clients’ interests by undertaking any necessary research or consultation.