In order to work in Canada you must receive a work permit. The work permit can be either employer-specific or open, or occupation-specific (mainly available for caregivers).
Usually, before applying for work permit you must receive a copy of positive Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) from your employer. With this copy, and copy of your job offer and other proofs that you meet the requirements for the job, you can apply for work permit.
Work Permits supported by LMIA are closed permits, meaning you will be allowed to work only for one employer during your stay in Canada.
In order to apply you will need to present:
- Positive LMIA
- Valid job offer letter signed by you and your employer
- Proof that you meet the requirements of the job (reference letters, proof of compensation, education documents, licensing, etc.)
- Proof that you will leave Canada after your work permit expires
- Show that you have enough of funds to support yourself during your stay
- Not be inadmissible on criminal and health grounds
Some individuals are exempt from Work Permit, such as business visitors, military personnel, performing artists, athletes, etc.
There are also work permits that are LMIA-exempt:
- If you are a spouse or common-law partner of a foreign worker who is in Canada on a work permit support by LMIA
- If you are a student who completed his studies in Canada at DLI, you may apply for a Post Graduate Work Permit that doesn’t require LMIA
- If you applied for your Permanent Residency and awaiting decision on your application, you may apply for your work permit or its extension
- If you received a positive decision on your Provincial Nominee Program, you may use the nomination certificate to extend your stay in Canada as a worker or apply from overseas
- You may be an exempt to LMIA, if you fall under the category of “ significant benefit”
- Your work permit is covered by an international agreement, such as NAFTA, or GATS
- You are applying as an eligible candidate under International Experience Class (IEC)
Get Started and Contact Us Today For a Phone Consultation
How Tkachuk Immigration Services Can Help
At Tkachuk Immigration Services, we understand that the process of obtaining a Work Permit and immigrating to Canada can be challenging. Our team of experienced immigration consultants is dedicated to making this journey smoother and more manageable for you. Here’s how we can help:
1. Personalized Consultation
Our experts will carefully assess your individual circumstances and employment goals to provide tailored advice on the best course of action for obtaining a Work Permit. We’ll help you navigate the unique requirements of the Canadian labor market and ensure that your application is aligned with the latest immigration regulations.
2. Documentation Support
Gathering and organizing the necessary documents for your Work Permit application can be time-consuming and confusing. Our team will guide you through the entire process, helping you compile all the required paperwork, including proof of a valid job offer, Labor Market Impact Assessment (LMIA), and other essential documents.
3. Application Assistance
With our in-depth knowledge of the Canadian immigration system, we’ll ensure that your Work Permit application is completed accurately and efficiently. We’ll help you avoid common mistakes that could lead to delays or rejections, giving you the best possible chance of success.
4. Constant Communication
We understand that the immigration process can be stressful, and staying informed is crucial. Our team will keep you updated on the progress of your application and provide timely responses to any questions or concerns you may have throughout the process.
By choosing Tkachuk Immigration Services, you can trust that your journey toward working in Canada is in capable hands. Our commitment to providing exceptional service and personalized support ensures that you’ll have the best possible experience as you embark on this exciting new chapter of your life.
We will guide you and provide strategic approach to get the results you want.
Flexible Meeting Times
GET STARTED TODAY
Don’t wait! Contact us for a phone consultation. Let us help you figure out your next steps. The sooner you have a plan of action, the better your chances of taking the correct steps to get the results you want.